Oleander: one of the most poisonous plants in the world
Curiosities about plants:
- The largest species of tree in the world is the redwood. This giant is found in the United States and can reach up to 110 meters in height.
- The smallest tree in the world is the dwarf willow (herbaceous salix). With an average height of 4 to 5 cm, this small tree is widely found in cold regions of the northern hemisphere.
- The carnivorous nepentaceae plants have the capacity to eat larger animals. Found in the rainforests of Asia, these plants can eat small mammals, frogs and even small passers.
The stinkiest flower in the world is also one of the largest. THE rafflesia arnoldii It had an unpleasant smell of rotting flesh. With a diameter of up to 90 cm, this flower can weigh up to 10 pounds. It is found in Southeast Asia.
- The longest-growing plant in the world is the ceylon palm. Typical of India and Sri Lanka, this palm tree can have inflorescences up to 8 meters long.
- The royal victory is the aquatic plant that bears a lot of weight. A large lily can hold up to 40 kg (well distributed over the leaf surface). This plant is found in mangrove areas of the Amazon rainforest.
- One of the most poisonous plants in the world is the Oleander (Nerium oleander). This ornamental shrub can be deceiving with its beautiful pink, red or white flowers. In fact, this plant presents two extremely toxic active ingredients for humans: neriantine and oleandrine. Ingestion of a single leaf can cause the death of an adult.
- The most widely used medicinal plants in the world are: chamomile (camomile matricaria), aloe (aloe vera), guaco (mikania glomerata), stone breaker (phillanthus niruri), boldo (plectranthus barbatus) and ginger (zingiber officinale).
- The plants that best survive in desert regions are cacti. They achieve this thanks to their adaptive capacity, as they have succulent stems with a large capacity to store water.
- One of the rarest plants in the world is welwitschia. Found only in the Namibe Desert (southeast coast of Angola), it is a creeping plant with only two leaves.
- One of the most beautiful plants in the world is Stapelia flavopurpurea. Typical of Namibia, it has a starfish-shaped flower in green color, with small and delicate pink petals in the center of the flower.